Tuesday, May 16, 2017

How to make a Tri-fold shutter card

Hello crafters, Terri here. Today I am going to show you how to make a Tri-fold shutter card.



For this project I am using the following Robins Nest Products

Calamity-Jane-Diagonal-Glitter-Cardstock
Leaf-Stripe-Cardstock
Brown-on-Brown-Glitter-Cardstock

I am also using Scraperfect's best-glue-ever to adhere all of my flat elements.


I start by cutting my card base using the template below


I use a 12x7 inch piece of card, the red lines are cut lines and the green are fold lines.

It's best to score then cut as this helps with placement of the cutting lines.





Once cut you need to fold the score lines. I've added a template below to show which ways to fold.

A mountain fold points upwards and a Valley fold points down



I then added some brown glitter matts to the card


On top of the brown card I start to layer elements from the reverse side of the Leaf Stripe cardstock, for added dimention I place some of the Tags and tickets onto foam pads.


I then added a sentiment using a stencil and some brown ink


Here's what it looks like when finished.


I love the dimension and movement in this card


You cam make it as simple or extravagant as you like.

Here's a little video showing how it opens and folds flat for posting


video

Thank you for stopping by today, I'd love you to leave me a comment and tell me what you think of this project.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...